There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July (was two days ago but I'm trying!)

So, I'm behind as usual but we had a pretty fun Fourth of July.  Every year, my sister's husband's company "hosts" a softball game that Brendan plays in.  It's a bunch of middle-aged guys and now some of the younger generation has joined in to put them to shame.  ;)  The game has very interesting rules...the most interesting is that the game isn't over unless my brother-in-law's team is winning.  I'm fine with this when Brendan is on his team but this year he wasn't so it's not a good rule.  :) 

The boys liked watching the game and playing with their cousins (mainly Alli the dog).  They got to go run around the bases when the game was over.  I forgot my camera so all of these pictures were taken with my phone.  :(  I see other people's pics taken with IPhones all the time and they look so much better than mine do???
After the game, there's always a "cook out"....I use that term lightly b/c it's catered by a local BBQ place.  This year it was exceptionally nice b/c they had it at "The Deck" which is behind a building that my brother-in-law built.  The building has offices/retail places on the first floor and apartments on the second floor so I think he built this area for the "kids" (college students) that live there.  It's super nice and has a little wading pool that the kids had lots of fun in.




I didn't get any good pictures of Brady for some reason.  He was too busy having fun I guess.  Here they area all together in their 4th of July shirts....they actually volunteered for this picture?!?!
And here's the aftermath......three zonked boys.  They passed out!!!



Also - I'm now two days late participating in Jenna's Commenting Challenge so I gots lots of commentin' to do!!!  I found some great blogs last year during the challenge and I'm sure I'll find some more this year!!!  Fun stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great 4th! Your family is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of them all passed out in the car! ha! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pic of your boys passed out. That is adorable. They are such cuties. Sounds like you had a great fouth. I also like the previous post about Easton-isms. I wish I would have known about blogging when my first child was little. She said the cutest things too. But now I can keep track of what my 3 year old is saying. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping over from Jenna's! Your boys are too cute. Can't wait to read more. We have 4 boys so it's always fun to read the fun other families with LOTS of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Jenna's!

    What an adorable family you have, such sweet boys! :)

    ReplyDelete