There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Monday, September 20, 2010

Shellac'd!!!

I've been obsessed with this new Shellac nail polish phenomenon ever since I heard about it a couple of months ago.  Well, all the hype is worth it!  I got my first Shellac manicure on Saturday and it's the best thing ever.  I guess the big thing is, it's supposed to stay on (chip-free) for up to 14 days.  But, the other cool thing is that it dries instantly....which is really weird to get used to.  It was very odd to be able to get things out of my purse right away without worrying that I'd mess up my nails! 

So, here's a picture that I took on day one (and yes my feet were soaking in the whirlpool when I took the picture - it was a very rare ME day which was great!)  They really look the same today (three days later):
To add to my excitement, I was able to get FRENCH!  All the research I had done online led me to believe that there were only a few colors to choose from and French was not an option.  It is true that there are only a few colors but luckily french is an option!!

I was really just investigating during my manicure.  I wanted to see if this was something I could do myself at home and it totally is - the only catch is I have to buy the special UV lamp that "cures" the polish.  But that would pay for itself after a few uses so I'm okay with that.  Very exciting!!!  Clearly, I need to get out more!!  :)

1 comment: