There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hi Alligator!

We were on our way home from a rare dinner out tonight when Brady, in all of his 3 1/2 years of wisdom, said from the backseat as he looked out the window, "Hi Alligator!" Given that we live in Ohio and don't see many (okay, any) alligators around....especially driving down a somewhat rural road, Brendan and I both looked out the window to try and see if we could figure out where that comment came from. Brady sits on the same side as me so I had a better view. The only thing I could see that could possibly resemble an alligator was a cloud formation that could look like an alligator getting ready to take a BIG bite out of something less fortunate than him/her. As I turned to Brendan to ask him if he thought that was what Brady was referring to Brady said, "Hi Alligator cloud!" He never ceases to amaze me - that's exactly what he was referring to. I'm not sure if I realized he even knew what clouds were before tonight??? I think he's really smart but he just happens to be hampered by speech/sensory delays....of course, I keep finding myself thinking that Zachary's headed for Mensa because he's talking so well when it's just "typical" behavior. Who knows? I just know that last year at this time Brady probably had less than 5 words and he's now talking our ears off which I love. The singing at a very high-pitched 1,000 decibels I could live without! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Kelly's Korner.

    It's so fun when kids start to talk like that! I know what you mean about the singing, though. My daughter used to do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete