There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

God's Promise

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through;
God hath not promised
Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.
But God hath promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the labor,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love...

When we were going through infertility treatments and waiting to receive a referral for our adoption, I used to read this every day - it's been hanging on our fridge since the summer of 2006. I actually found it on the back of a program at a Memorial Day service we used to always take my grandfather to at the cemetery where lots of our family members were buried. I had never seen it before but really liked it and kept the program. My grandfather unexpectedly died less than a week later after falling and breaking his hip - this will always remind me of him. Sadly, he never got to meet any of my kids but I know they would've loved each other tons!!


MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. Great poem!

    Hopped on over from the Blog Hop... would love for you to visit me some time @ http://simplysoares.blogspot.com/

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem!!!! Thanks for sharing and best wishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring! thanks for sharing!
    Heather-blog hoppin

    I decided to check 50 blogs toward the bottom of the mcklinky blog hop this week! Nice to find ya! My link is #270

    ReplyDelete