There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Friday, August 28, 2009

Oreo-tation, Metatarsals and Jumperoos

Brady's pre-school orientation was yesterday - a whole 4 days before school starts but whatever! (Brady called it oreo-tation at the cookie (pronounced tookie) place.) They don't seem very organized this year but we're soooo excited that he'll have the same teacher that he had last year - he loved her; however, as soon as we walked into the classroom and he saw all the other "friends" with their parents he freaked out for some reason. He started crying and wanted Brendan to hold him. A few weeks ago, we ran into his assistant teacher from last year at Kroger - he had the same reaction but we figured that was just because he was confused by seeing her out of 'her element'. Guess we were wrong! He was really upset for 5 or 10 minutes but then he got over it and was running around like a little mad man - typical behavior for Big Boy. When it was time to go, he threw a little fit and didn't want to go - I guess he'll be fine when school starts on Monday!!


I also found out yesterday that my suspected stress fracture is actually a real fracture?!? I had an MRI on Wednesday afternoon because after two weeks in 'the boot' I was still in more pain that my doctor would like....they called on Thursday (while I was mid-pedicure) and left me a message that they had some "concerns" about my MRI - not a good message to leave for someone. So that freaked me out - I immediately thought it was a tumor or something but luckily, it's just a broken bone! I still don't know how I did this but I broke the second metatarsal in my right foot - I've already been wearing this stupid boot for 3.5 weeks......now, not only do I have to still wear it but I also have to use crutches for at least the next 6 weeks. I don't see how this will be possible with a baby but I'll try....kind of. The crutches are killing my armpits so I'm already being a bad patient. It's going to be a long six weeks.


We introduced Mr. Easton to the jumperoo the other night - he's a HUGE fan. He's so cute...jumping like a little....I don't know...something that jumps and has chunky little legs with fat rolls. Anyway - he really likes it....but it makes me sad because he's getting big so fast!




And here is Zachary with his mini me, Easton. We need to recover the pictures from our old laptop so we can do some side-by-side comparisons of these two at the same age....I think they may look a little alike......

No comments:

Post a Comment