There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sleepless In (The) Cincinnati (Area)

Oh..........well, Easton started rolling over last week at 3.5 months. I thought this meant he was a genius, future Mensa member, etc. What I didn't realize was that it would be a complete nightmare! The poor baby rolls over in his sleep and then starts crying when he gets "stuck" and can't roll back over. This happens every 2-3 hours if I'm lucky...if not, it's even sooner! So, needless to say I'm exhausted. And Brendan's no help - he tried to "help" me last night by holding him for the customary 30 minutes after a meal until his reflux issues settle down.....2 hours later (at 3AM) I found them both snoozing away on the couch. So, every night Easton starts off in his crib but ends up in our bed because after the second time he gets up, I'm too tired to do the hour-long meal process that is required for an acid-refluxing, breastfed baby. So, I lay down with him and let him nurse until he falls asleep. I do keep him on his sleep positioner, though so that makes me way less nervous about having him in our bed. Speaking of the sleep positioner...that thing is supposed to keep the boy from rolling off of his back...can I get my money back? That little peanut wiggles off of that thing and is on his stomach all upset every single night - that's what wakes him up!
Anyway....even though he steals my beloved sleep I miss him terribly every day while I'm at work and can't wait to get home to see my eacie-peacie...I don't know how to spell that out phonetically...I guess it's kind of like ECPC....derived from Reese's Pieces but kind of changed for my purposes. I have weird nicknames for people I guess.....Zachary used to be Zachary Wackary which turned into Wax. I called him that for the longest time. Sadly, I guess the older they get the more the nicknames start to fade. Brady was Pumpkin/Pumpkin Head for the longest time. Now he's just Big Boy.

But, I digress....here are some pictures of Eacie (I guess that's how I'll spell it??) on his elephant blankie from "Aunt" Molly....don't know where the scratch came from - he woke up with it the morning AFTER I cut his nails??? Why do I even bother?? ;)

Check out the guns.....

I guess he figures he's such a cereal expert now...he might as well go for the elephant ear!!

On Monday, Brady brought me one of his animal books and kept saying, "what animal is that, Mommy?" even though he honestly probably knows more animals than I do! So, I asked him to show Zachary some animals so those two sweet boys sat on the couch with that book for quite a while while I fed Easton!! I'm sure they were fighting again within the hour, though! Boys will be boys...or so I'm told!!

No comments:

Post a Comment