There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

So, we had a very fun weekend. Friday, I went to lunch and did some shopping with my mom and sister. (My parents were in town for Easton's baptism on Saturday night.) After lunch, I took Easton to the doctor for his 4-month check-up and shots. He did really well with the shots. The doctor increased his Xantac dosage because he's been spitting up A LOT lately. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful.....except, we got the green light for solid foods! So, we started with rice cereal mixed with a little formula. He wasn't quite sure what to think but I think it's growing on him!
It's hard to take a picture of yourself feeding a child.....that's why this one is so blurry. Plus, he kept trying to grab the spoon - I guess he thinks he's ready to feed himself!

Saturday night was Easton's baptism......

Proud parents making a rare photo appearance....

Here he is with his Godparents - James has been one of Brendan's best friends since they were little...allegedly, Brendan was James' "bodyguard" in elementary school. I bet that was interesting. I met Molly shortly after I transferred to MU in 1999 and we've been friends ever since. Her son, Jack, is 2 months younger than Zachary - although he looks older. He's the cutest little thing - he has the most adorable, curly hair! They'll be great Godparents!!!

After mass, we all went to dinner at a local restaurant - it was too chaotic for pictures I guess!

On Sunday afternoon, we went to my sister's house for dinner and some major fun for the kids. Brady LOVES going to Aunt Amy's to play "with" his cousins. Their house is like an amusement park compared to ours. Plus, they have a long lane on their property and are so far from the street that we don't have to worry about Brady taking off - he's a major flight risk.

Amy and Jim recently invested in an inflatable water slide - good investment! Brady always sleeps so well after a day at their house....

Zachary finds the waterslide too overwhelming so Aunt Amy set up the water mat for him.... that still took some persuading from cousins Justin and Jarrett...


We were so convinced that he'd stay dry, we didn't have a chance to put his swimsuit on...oh well!



Then it was off to the backyard for more fun....I was so proud of Zachary for tryng the big slide for the first time! I'm not sure if he knew what he was getting into but he seemed to like it!


As we were leaving last night, some of Amy and Jim's "pets" were spotted in the yard...if you look closely, you can see some baby bunnies, too....
Brendan must love to make me worry because he was quick to point out that these were baby deer and their parents were nowhere to be found. :( I'm sure they were just hiding in the trees...at least I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment