There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein~

Thursday, July 23, 2009

So You Think You Can......Make Me Cry!

I just watched last night's episode of So You Think You Can Dance. Brendan told me about the dance tribute to breast cancer at the end but oh my - it still got me! I just can't stand to see a grown man cry! And I love the song they danced to - that song was on the soundtrack to a movie I used to love which was, ironically (now), about a woman struggling to get pregnant! I hadn't thought about that movie in a long time - I can't remember the name of it but I had the soundtrack in casette tape form so that'll tell you how old the movie is!


Breast cancer has actually been on my mind a lot today. I got a forwarded email from a co-worker today that included this image....


I immediately thought of our sweet friend, Suzanne, who's been battling breast cancer since the fall of 2008. I wondered how she would feel if I forwarded the email to her so I didn't....at first. This afternoon, I got an email notifying me that she had updated her Caring Bridge page....and it was the update we had all been waiting for! She had her last treatment today - she has officially kicked breast cancer's booty! She has been through more in her "29" years than anyone should ever have to endure so I'm so glad that this phase of her life is OVER! She deserves only good things! So....then I felt okay about forwarding the email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment